7:30 & 10p | $20 | limited bar seating for some shows is still available – please call 317-253-4900
Enjoy two of the best young Indiana performers in our intimate setting. This is a repeat for the great 2011 performance. We highly recommend buying tickets in advance because these shows will sell out!
Throw in a little pop, a little jazz and blues, a little country, and a little gospel, and you begin to describe the eclectic mix that makes up Sarah Scharbrough’s piano-driven and soulful sound.
Having worked with Grammy-award winning musicians, collaborating and sharing the stage with Bill and Gloria Gaither, Sandi Patty, Kurt Elling, Watermark, Jon McLaughlin, Avalon, Dierks Bentley and a slew of other impressive talents, Sarah’s songs have taken her around the world to jazz festivals, colleges, clubs, conferences, and churches, among other events.
• Jon was born on September 27, 1982 in Anderson, Indiana.
• He is currently 28 years old.
• Jon didn’t enjoy taking piano lessons as a kid.
• Jon McLaughlin first released an independent album called Up Until Now in 2003.
• In 2005, Jon McLaughlin recorded an 8-song EP called Songs I Wrote and Later Recorded, which reached the #1 title on AwareStore.com.
• Jon signed with Island Records, specifically Island Def Jam, in 2006.
• His leading single “Beautiful Disaster” reached #28 on the US Adult Top 40, and was featured in various television shows, and in the 2007 movie starring Lindsay Lohan, “Georgia Rule”.
• Jon has toured with both Kelly Clarkson and Sara Bareilles.
• Jon McLaughlin made an on-screen appearance in the 2008 Disney film “Enchanted“, where he performed the song “So Close” during the ballroom scene.
• Jon helped write the song “Falling Over Me” with Disney Channel starlet Demi Lovato for her sophomore album Here We Go Again; his vocals are also heard in the background of the song, which was originally supposed to be a duet. He also co-wrote and played the piano for the song “Every Time You Lie” on the same album.
• Demi Lovato cites Jon’s song “We All Need Saving” as one of her favorites.
• His song “We All Need Saving” has appeared on an advertisement for the TV Show The Event.
• McLaughlin released an album on September 7, 2011, called Forever If Ever, which he financed and released himself. The collection of songs is being re-released under the Razor & Tie record label, with three additional new songs, as Promising Promises on May 22, 2012. The first single from the album, “Summer is Over,” featuring Sara Bareilles, was released on January 10, 2012.